timbales, Drum Kit, Nagma Electronic Lahara, congo, Nadaswara, TAAL TARANG classical musical instruments, Veena, Mridangam, string musical instrument, MRIDANGA TALAM more..
Be first to Rate
Founded in 1933 by Sri Harmonium Arunachalappa, a great harmonium vidhwan, Aruna Musical was then called ‘CALCUTTA HARMONIUM’. The shop was situated at Balepet, Bangalore and was known for manufacturing and repairing harmoniums. However in 1944, his son Violin A Veerabhadriah re-established the firm in the name and style of Aruna Musical. A Veerabhadriah was a great violin player and he started importing and exporting many musical instruments and spares.
Aruna Musicals were the pioneers of Violin imports from Germany, France etc. For the first in the Indian history they imported Roslan wires from Germany and distributed all over India. The firm was also famous for its repairing and restoring works of erstwhile professional instruments like Veena, Violin, Guitar, Mridanga, Tabla, and Harmonium etc.
Being a devoted son, A Shankar, last son of Arunachalappa assisted his father till 1975 in his shop. Later, he branched out to open his new shop, which was further supported by the trust and affection of the loyal patrons. He along with his elder brother,
A Veerabhadriah, and father established a new branch in Basavangudi in 1976 and called it ‘New Aruna Musicals.
Finally Mr.S Ganesh Prasad the only son of A Shankar, being serving his father in his business for near 20 years has opened up a new showroom in Koramangala in the name and style of “Aruna Musicals New” this was established 2007.
S Ganesh Prasad, more than just dealer or repairer is a musical instruments “technician and a consultant.”